Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Notwist



The Notwist, a German-based indie band, are finally releasing a new album. If you've never heard their album Neon Golden (2002) I suggest you go buy it now or download it (for previewing purposes of course ;) ). It is a masterpiece. Truly one of the most beautiful albums ever created. The production is perfect and their ideas and lyrics leave me inspired musically and artistically. Below is one of my favorite songs from Neon Golden called "Off The Rails".









The new album, due out around May, is titled The Devil, You + Me. They recently revealed one of the songs which is titled "Good Lies".









To be honest, it's not up to par with their previous material, but I'm hoping the rest of the album's a bit more catchy and pop-ish.

3/18 Update on "Good Lies": I freaking love this song now! It has grown on me as did most of Neon Golden as far as I can remember. A good sign me thinks. The new album shall be great. I've transcribed the lyrics below. Not sure if they're correct but they are indeed interesting words.

"Good Lies" Lyrics:

We'll remember good lies when/ we carry them home/ with us/ to our bedside table & our coffee sets. We'll remember good lies when/ they live in a room/ with us/ use our kitchen table & our needle beds. We'll remember good lies when/we carried them home/ with us/ to our bedside table and our coffee sets. We'll remember good lies when/ they're always with us in our beds/ even when we shake our heads.

Let's just imitate the real/ until we find a better one.

Remember the good lies win.

No comments: